« back to Projects
##San Francisco In Progress
How to Run SF in Progress locally
Clone the repo from your command line
git clone https://github.com/sfbrigade/San-Francisco-in-Progress.git
Change to the directory SF-in-Progress
Install the npm libraries
Open a new tab and start the server
Open your browser and navigate to localhost:5000/ or localhost:5000/map
Contributing to SF In Progress
About the Project
SF In Progress is an open source project with the goal of creating more awareness and educating SF citizens on new housing development issues the city is facing. Because this is a volunteer based project we would like to keep the tech stack as short and simple as possible, we are currently using the following technologies:
- Plain HTML + CSS
- Node.js for server and dependency management
- React.js to render the Map Page of San Francisco Properties
- MongoDB for data storage
- MapBox API for map tile and leaflet API.
- Browserify + Watchify for automatically re-compiling source code into a minified, single JS file (assets/js/lib/react/bundle.js)
Any additions to the tech stack should first be discussed and agreed upon by project contributors as a group to keep it as newcomer friendly as possible.
New site: http://sanfrancisco-in-progress.herokuapp.com/
Old site: http://www.sfinprogress.org/
Heroku Dev Site: https://sf-in-progress-development.herokuapp.com/
- Push to branch ‘deploy’ to deploy to this site
To get started, simply fork the project and follow the above instructions to setup a local development environment.
What to Work On
We use Trello to keep track of bugs/new features we want to implement. Please e email (some@email) to get an invite and pick an issue you would like to work on.
- Fork the project
- Create a topic branch.
- Implement your feature or bug fix
- Commit your changes to the branch
- Publish your branch (git push origin BRANCHNAME)
- Submit a pull request on Github.com
Thanks for reading!